CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- Digital First: ICT players vs. the new disrupters
- Bouygues Telecom rejects the Numericable-SFR offer
- Numericable-SFR has confirmed its bid to acquire Bouygues Telecom…
- DigiWorld Yearbook 2015, the great digital shake-up
- The latest digital industry news out of the US
- Tout savoir sur la #frenchtech #montpellier Participation, gouvernance, actions. http://t.co/vsElsVx5xM, 9 hours ago
- RT @fonfec78: . @DigiWorldIDATE Merci pour l'accueil ! #frenchtech #Montpellier http://t.co/tLgB62IA7S, 9 hours ago
- RT @Barranco_Jess: Présentation de la #FrenchTech autour d'un apéro d'été à @DigiWorldIDATE http://t.co/JlcV5Dg41t, 9 hours ago
- RT @fonfec78: Yves Gassot, DG du @DigiWorldIDATE nous accueille pour ce poulailler #frenchtech #montpellier http://t.co/Dj0pRU8QXN, 9 hours ago
- RT @couve: Apero #frenchtech à #Montpellier dans les jardins de @DigiWorldIDATE http://t.co/idcbRkDOoy, 9 hours ago
- Lancement du Poulailler de la #FrenchTech #montpellier. Petit mot d'intro au milieu de startups et de l'écosystème http://t.co/RQuOSwf7kW, 9 hours ago
- RT @JeanDSeval: @DigiWorldIDATE joins #SEFC15 to prepare China as guest country to Digiworld Summit #DWF15 @HuaweiFr @ZTE_FR http://t.co/Si9gqMCzFG, 18 hours ago
- RT @Fabien_Saveurs: Ce soir, je réaliserai 1 des recettes de #Montpellier soirée Poulailler #Frenchtech à @DigiWorldIDATE Inscription https://t.co/685BXvLgAI, 20 hours ago
- RT @BJavelot: @DigiWorldIDATE https://t.co/S4GLBwzgZx, Jul 1
- RT @marilor: @MTP_Numerique @FrenchSouthD merci pour les animations conjointes de l'écosystème ! Au @DigiWorldIDATE #frenchtech jeudi soir. #poulailler, Jun 30