CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- Video Game in the Cloud
- OTT communication services
- Connected TV
- Public safety spectrum & systems
- After Germany, the UK and Italy: mobile consolidation continues
- RT @JeanDSeval: @google à l'assaut de @Twitch : Interview de @LaurentMichaud dans @Challenges http://t.co/Hwr5RhODd0, Aug 28
- RT @marilor: Grands remaniements dans les telecoms en Chine #telco #THD par @romaingueugneau #DWS15 https://t.co/GIGPW3fPiF, Aug 28
- RT @JeanDSeval: Remaniement dans les télécoms en Chine dans @LesEchos avec Frédéric Pujol @DigiWorldIDATE http://t.co/4yb7leRfXw http://t.co/00G8TJodQp, Aug 25
- Interview de Frédéric Pujol, IDATE DigiWorld dans les Echos https://t.co/pfaMIEdJFy, Aug 25
- Marché Services de Communication OTT 2018 (VoIP, IP messaging, réseaux sociaux): 24 Mds EUR http://t.co/Ml3JWMmJtK http://t.co/WxljgLx7IL, Aug 24
- The OTT communication services market (VoIP, IP messaging and social networking) will reach 23.7 billion EUR by 2018 http://t.co/bkwUQxdbec, Aug 24
- RT @CarlosMorenoFr: «Challenges & prospects of the #smartcity» My itw #DigiWorld conducted by @ncurien (En Es Fr) http://t.co/SYKaGiLbTh http://t.co/gSZLWisGyW, Aug 21
- #Entrepreneurs #FrenchTech à l'étranger, Digiworld Awards avec @businessfrance sont pour vous! http://t.co/ttvRgZXItP http://t.co/BO0YtI6Igx, Aug 21
- Connected TV scenarios up to 2025: 57 billion EUR if consumer electronic gain the upper hand http://t.co/c2vvegFqLx http://t.co/BmvrcvoGeF, Aug 20
- Public safety spectrum & systems: Which pathways to broadband PPDR networks? http://t.co/8v258siXgH, Aug 19