CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- Verizon-Yahoo!: what challenge are we talking about?
- The global video game market (including equipment market) will reach 107 billion EUR in 2020
- Interview with Martin FRANSMAN : the Innovation Ecosystem
- Where does Europe stand with superfast rollouts?
- Mobile payment: M-commerce market revenue will likely grow from 2015 to 2019 at a CAGR of 26.5%
- Read online the IDATE DigiWorld Newsletter And take part in our Summer photo contest! https://t.co/6HqyKRmSNv https://t.co/pBex7PjdcP, 14 hours ago
- Sommaire de notre Newslettre de Juillet... découvrez notre jeu de l'été! https://t.co/S9J9Ts8xIH https://t.co/NBrg9cYgAy, 14 hours ago
- Digital Agenda Europe : le classement européen des pays à #THD https://t.co/6VFantkxtB https://t.co/68RcADpsfK, Jul 28
- Video Solution providers: video distribution will grow by close to 25% per year up to 2020 https://t.co/DzZrejI1Dl https://t.co/SNABSEPt65, Jul 27
- The #PokemonGo phenomenon comments by @LaurentMichaud for @AFP @NintendoEurope https://t.co/7KPOJifuWv, Jul 26
- Digital Agenda Europe : le classement européen des pays à #THD https://t.co/6VFantkxtB https://t.co/E8Y7ZMcNsu, Jul 25
- DigiWorld Summit Best Of 2015. Inscrivez-vous dès maintenant et bénéficiez de -50% ! YouTube https://t.co/jwJxCgDoaV, Jul 23
- DigiWorld Summit Best Of 2015. Inscrivez-vous dès maintenant et bénéficiez de -50% ! YouTube https://t.co/JRyhLFiWI2, Jul 21
- DigiWorld Summit Best Of 2015. Inscrivez-vous dès maintenant et bénéficiez de -50% ! YouTube https://t.co/wOBx7P7wzY, Jul 19
- Key figures from the 10th annual " Assises du #THD2016 " ( #SuperfastBroadband symposium) https://t.co/YYO4hQm3ot https://t.co/RFzCGOBeH5, Jul 16