CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- The biggest challenges for governance/regulation created by growth of the big data market : Interview with Hal VARIAN, Chief Economist at Google
- Mobile Gaming, 23 Milliards d’euros d’ici 2018 !
- Il décolle ! Le marché du Serious Gaming en forte progression pour atteindre les 12 milliards d’Euros d’ici 2018.
- In 2015, the key words of the Mobile World Congress were 5G, IoT, virtualization and LTE-U : PART 2
- In 2015, the key words of the Mobile World Congress were 5G, IoT, virtualization and LTE-U : PART 1
- RT @Eutelsat_SA: Eutelsat, aujourd’hui hôte du @DigiWorldIDATE Club : "Le satellite innove sans cesse afin de rester compétitif face aux technos terrestres", Apr 15
- #bigdata, #economic , #business #policychallenge: ITW of @halvarian Chief Economist #google http://t.co/BlKd30l8VB http://t.co/8Dppc4YgUo, Apr 14
- Marché #Mobilegame 15 Milliards d’euros d’ici 2018 #videogames @AppStore @GooglePlay http://t.co/favjFs6GI7 http://t.co/lkIbmfu9wn, Apr 10
- DigiWord Future events will present the latest issue of the DigiWorld Yearbook by @DigiWorldIDATE . Stay tuned! http://t.co/eRpzO72Q9M, Apr 8
- RT @MathieuDestrian: Idate forecasts a $100 billion market fort smart home in 2020 at #sido in Lyon, Apr 7
- Samuel Ropert @ropertsamuel en ouverture du #SIdO sur "Le marché de l'IoT mondial : nouvelles tendances et perspectives" @DigiWorldIDATE, Apr 7
- Yves Gassot received by @AndrusAnsip to present @DigiWorldIDATE viewpoint from the coming DigiWorld Yearbook 2015 http://t.co/mqIfhiblR0, Apr 1
- Évolution marché Serious Gaming : 12 milliards d’Euros d’ici 2018 http://t.co/u1f2LTp1g9 #videogames #seriousgames http://t.co/STtHPJlWAF, Mar 27
- Analysts wrap-up the key themes from #MWC15 Part 2 : Focus on #IoT http://t.co/vLxbTwFob0 http://t.co/SuU19n6TC3, Mar 24
- RT @_PePez_: Quelques prévisions de @DigiWorldIDATE sur les tendances LTE au niveau mondial http://t.co/8QVhXSoZmK http://t.co/al4bFG0L66, Mar 23