CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- Connected Cars
- [CR] TV & VIDEO Forum
- [CR] Digital Channels: Another vision of the platforms war! (2/2)
- [CR] Digital Channels: Another vision of the platforms war! (1/2)
- [CR] And Jimmy Wales created Wikipedia
- What’s behind those words disrupters and #ICT players? @robvandendam @IBM #flashback #DWS15 https://t.co/AxN4bLbNqY, 17 hours ago
- RT @iHautbois: Feu vert de l'Autorité de la concurrence et du CSA au rapprochement NextRadioTV-Altice https://t.co/MvuVoobdi4, 17 hours ago
- "Now word of mouth has more power than ever before" @jimmy_wales @Wikipedia #flashback #DWS15 https://t.co/aMiAeWiXUr, Nov 25
- RT @sagemcom: Découvrez l'interview de T. Lestable, vice président de la @LoRaAlliance lors du @DigiWorldIDATE via @iot_business - https://t.co/WtoVmsL7SI, Nov 25
- RT @lemediaplus: Quels sont les projets à venir d' @Eutelsat_SA?Réponse ce matin dans media+ avec Jean-Hubert LENOTTE @DigiWorldIDATE https://t.co/QpPrYW5hTa, Nov 24
- RT @IDATE_TN: RDV 3 déc. à Angers au colloque de @FI_RIP sur les territoires intelligents et les objets connectés https://t.co/7G8j5GFPPz @DigiWorldIDATE, Nov 24
- Le viticulteur 3.0 existe déjà ou comment @fruitionscience a remporté les #DWS15 Digiworld #awards @LaFrenchTech https://t.co/8zN4pc5GfW, Nov 24
- RT @lemediaplus: Quels sont les éléments marquants de la mutation ds l'audiovisuel ? Réponse ce matin dans media+ avec F.LE BORGNE https://t.co/EELDQZT7yE, Nov 23
- "Nous pouvons être ubérisés" @Jimmy_Wales @Wikipedia https://t.co/YKObAgUilW, Nov 23
- RT @lecafedugeek: Chimera, le studio JV, s’installe et recrute à @Montpellier3m @montpellier_ig @DigiWorldIDATE https://t.co/UJp7LDORLq, Nov 21