CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- Connected TV: Accelerating OTT video development
- Will blockchains “Uberize” Airbnb?
- The issues of the emergence of a single digital audiovisual market : the French case
- Smart toys: From the onslaught of gaming companies to the prospects for the toy industry
- Digital Economy 2025: The future of telecom and Internet ecosystems
- M.Rouanne @nokia participera au débat sur l'avenir des #télécoms à 2025 ! RDV le 14 juin https://t.co/mG1pM4s8PJ https://t.co/hQp2OPKUyr, 52 mins ago
- G.Pélisson, @TF1 , donnera sa vision sur les scénarios #TV 2025 ! RDV le 14juin à Paris pour https://t.co/mG1pM4s8PJ https://t.co/NSlvXWaTM7, 14 hours ago
- #IoT : Un marché qui explose & une croissance de +14% par an d’ici à 2025 https://t.co/dwqjQJNGN6 #Internet https://t.co/vu5G01TlZo, May 1
- #FIRIP : un contrat de filière et une #internationalisation https://t.co/wGpE9CF8Tu via @DegroupNews https://t.co/GoGsACaJsY, Apr 30
- The issues of the emergence of a single #digital #audiovisual market : the French case https://t.co/FwD2PHpg08 https://t.co/8MAXOifw50, Apr 29
- E.Chaniot @Michelin participera au débat #Internet & #DigitalEconomy 2025 pr #DWF16 https://t.co/mG1pM4JJHh https://t.co/kxmy2jHbhb, Apr 29
- Will #blockchains “ #Uberize” #Airbnb? https://t.co/JJr6Fep2Tv https://t.co/aC3ykfVz0F, Apr 28
- RT @FinTechFR: Call for Academic / #ResearchPapers in #FinTech from @DigiWorldIDATE : https://t.co/wIOXfuY7LD #PleaseRT https://t.co/AWhEpB9SHl, Apr 28
- #IsabelleKocher participera à #DWF16 ! Rdv le 14 juin à Paris ! https://t.co/mG1pM4s8PJ #DigitalEconomy #Internet, Apr 28
- Les #blockchains vont-elles « #uberiser » #AirBnB ? https://t.co/wEGp5vuvqD, Apr 28