CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- The future of patents in communication technologies : interview with Ruud PETER, Philips
- TV & Video Services: Can anyone compete against American on-demand vendors?
- Back from the States
- Online advertising: 33% of all media advertising by 2018
- TV and video distribution market
- RT @PierreMetivier: Frédéric Pujol @DigiWorldIDATE rappelle le besoin de plus de vitesse et de bande passante #ConfANFR #5G, 15 hours ago
- RT @convergencenum: Retour sur le #DWS14 Interview de @laurentsolly par @VincentTouati @braultmelissa http://t.co/nN4jOr6Lzq @DigiWorldIDATE, 16 hours ago
- Interview Bruno Bonnell @BBotnews par BIME Analytics #bimeanalytics pour la DigiWorld Week de l'IDATE #DWS14 #DWWeek http://t.co/sMKWcbYLEB, 16 hours ago
- Retrouvez les interventions du #DWS14 que vous avez manquées sur notre chaine dédiée #mobility #iot #telecoms http://t.co/xn5qmoF0ef, Nov 24
- La voiture connectée bientôt à la portée de tous #DWS14,#IoT, #connectedCars http://t.co/HqCnhZp24z, Nov 20
- RT @Mathilde_P_RO: Thanks to @DigiWorldIDATE and @marilor to trust us to be part of #digiteam @tepthida1 @Florian_8 @Eddy_MARTIAL #DWS14 http://t.co/EFE8dxTR7R, Nov 20
- RT @tepthida1: Thank you all Digiworld Summit 2014 Team #DWS14 @DigiWorldIDATE http://t.co/5CbetcdS1r, Nov 20
- RT @Didier_Celisse: Bravo aux équipes de @DigiWorldIDATE pour le travail considérable fait pour #DWS14 !!! http://t.co/SpdFE7aUaQ, Nov 20
- RT @LeelyDessin: #DWS14 photo de fin de colloque ! http://t.co/RwZFpbgzjg, Nov 20
- The twitter communauty this afternoon/ La communauté Twitter du #DWS14 cette après-midi.. http://t.co/GXbQUzT3Hu tu, Nov 20