CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- DigiWorld Research Market Watch Service
- LTE has gone mainstream: 1 billion subscriber mark exceeded at year-end 2015
- Digital Innovation & Finance Transformation, Interview with Jean-Hervé LORENZI
- European telecoms consolidation in a context of a modest 0.1% recovery
- TV vs OTT: New sports content business models
- #DWS16 découvrez les intervenants de l'édition 2016 ! https://t.co/EVpFCYX273 https://t.co/cUgKYCGXp2, Sep 23
- RDV le 26sept. avec @G9Plus pour la conférence sur l' #automobile #numérique connectée ! https://t.co/HYjKpzEIpZ https://t.co/o9LlFECS8K, Sep 22
- RT @JeanDSeval: @DigiWorldIDATE in Brasilia for the ICT Week with a keynot from Vincent Bonneau https://t.co/jAstXiqpTY, Sep 22
- RT @VeroniqBessiere: My article with @eric_stephany about #Equity #Crowdfunding just published https://t.co/OZuyVWBeRm @DigiWorldIDATE https://t.co/VZSYfgd1OU, Sep 22
- RT @technomedia: A @montpellier_ le @DigiWorldIDATE Summit 2016 planchera sur la confiance #numerique https://t.co/xytH9vmR1m https://t.co/6jHbBXQe1w, Sep 22
- Vidéo, connecter le next billion, LiveMap : le chief product officer de #Facebook partage sa vision https://t.co/xyvlTnY0Xx par @edelsol, Sep 22
- Vous êtes français et avez créé une #startup à l'étranger ? Candidatez aux Digiworld Awards! https://t.co/ttvRgZXItP https://t.co/zmSTnLcIl5, Sep 22
- RT @JeanDSeval: @DelphineErnotte pour conclure la réunion exceptionnelle du Club @DigiWorldIDATE Paris @metamedia https://t.co/swjnfVbcX1, Sep 21
- RT @JeanDSeval: @EricScherer au Club mensuel @DigiWorldIDATE Paris sur les 10 tendances qui changent la TV pour toujours @metamedia https://t.co/Vu142mC5SW, Sep 21
- RT @EricMariette1: Great scenarii for future of television by Jacques Bajon @DigiWorldIDATE !, Sep 21