CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- Small cells and Wifi offloading
- The economics of platforms in the digital transformation: ARCEP views
- Digital First
- The economics of platforms in the digital transformation: What does Google think?
- Ultra-fast broadband world market
- #DWS15 Does regulation need to adapt to Internet rules? Join F. Barros, BEREC on Nov.19 http://t.co/TeQKyAgOh6 http://t.co/Uhuh0ARpQt, 9 hours ago
- #DWS15 Inscrivez vous avant le 12 octobre et économisez 200€ http://t.co/NEspM2lhdA http://t.co/wamjplLesb, 14 hours ago
- #DWS15 La réglementation doit-elle s’adapter à la loi des #OTT ? RDV le 19Nov avec F.Barros http://t.co/TeQKyAgOh6 http://t.co/tkevGx90Ds, 15 hours ago
- #DWS15 How is the Internet changing travel industry? Join A. Schleifer, @Airbnb on Nov.18 http://t.co/9X1MRoZnsj http://t.co/0dXUiGM2UD, Oct 8
- #DWS15 Inscrivez vous avant le 12 octobre et économisez 200€ http://t.co/NEspM2lhdA http://t.co/8AcAPIHrp3, Oct 8
- #DWS15 Comment Internet bouscule l’industrie du tourisme? RDV 18Nov avec A.Schleifer @Airbnb http://t.co/9X1MRoZnsj http://t.co/gdmfFKFP6x, Oct 8
- #DWS15 Will Go90 be the new killer app for video? Join R.LUCQUET on Nov.18, Verizon Oncue http://t.co/jlTnDc9wYR http://t.co/0y172DxjUP, Oct 7
- RT @mediafight: Au 17ème de l'@ARCEP de bon matin avec @DigiWorldIDATE http://t.co/t6bSt94whe, Oct 7
- RT @DigiWorldGS: Our list of speakers for the @DigiWorldGS and the @montpellier_ig grows day by day! http://t.co/j35qb4GVVY #DWGS15 http://t.co/U1CfJo8Jyh, Oct 7
- RT @SynoxLive: [Digiworld Summit] table ronde consacrée à la santé connectée avec @Emmanuel_Mouton http://t.co/sYIvgDcmf7 #Esante #DWS15 @DigiWorldIDATE, Oct 7