CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- TV vs OTT: New sports content business models
- Verizon-Yahoo!: what challenge are we talking about?
- The global video game market (including equipment market) will reach 107 billion EUR in 2020
- Interview with Martin FRANSMAN : the Innovation Ecosystem
- Where does Europe stand with superfast rollouts?
- RDV le 15-16-17 Novembre au DigiWorld Summit 2016 pour parler #DigitalTrust https://t.co/R4XhfsTHFa #SaveTheInternet, 1 hour ago
- Participez à l'édition 2016 des DigiWorld Awards !https://t.co/0D3IDjMmUU @businessfrance @LaFrenchTech https://t.co/B7K1Lfuzgq, 10 hours ago
- #TV vs #OTT : les nouveaux modèles économiques des contenus #sportifs https://t.co/08amHYUHpG #JO2016 https://t.co/TFZnR1epQu, Aug 23
- RT @BF_TechServices: Vous êtes français et avez créé une #startup à l'étranger ? Candidatez aux Digiworld Awards! https://t.co/l1SYtDf9do https://t.co/f2UUgVeTDC, Aug 23
- Découvrez prochainement le teaser #DWS16 -50% sur l'inscription jusqu'au 12Sept ! https://t.co/R4XhfsTHFa, Aug 23
- Where does #Europe stand with #superfast rollouts? https://t.co/xi8zcacUny https://t.co/QDfy3mCM4n, Aug 22
- Participez à l'édition 2016 des DigiWorld Awards ! https://t.co/0D3IDjMmUU @businessfrance @LaFrenchTech https://t.co/6scx7iwdSe, Aug 21
- Participez à l'édition 2016 des DigiWorld Awards !https://t.co/0D3IDjMmUU @businessfrance @LaFrenchTech https://t.co/clOsJOuiGA, Aug 19
- #Mobile dynamics: the path to #5G : ITW with Martin FRANSMAN : the Innovation Ecosystem https://t.co/bx8axtH1nZ https://t.co/FmiDGWpSjf, Aug 18
- RT @BF_UK: .@businessfrance is partnered with @DigiWorldIDATE. Apply before 30th September! #FrenchTech #startup #digital 🇫🇷, Aug 17