CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- Public Policies for UFB Deployments
- Industrial Internet: towards the 4th industrial revolution
- IDATE DigiWorld predicts better connectivity and hyper-personalised internet services.
- Allocation of new frequencies
- Interview with Wassim CHOURBAJI
- Pour la prochaine décennie, l’ère de l’après #smartphone https://t.co/IbrqyXUScq https://t.co/hYtqy4uOtq, 5 hours ago
- Participez au Programme de Recherche Collaborative 2016 du DigiWorld Institute ! https://t.co/OIz5tMYLJT https://t.co/3tgTYIK2is, 17 hours ago
- How will #5G impact the everyday life of people? https://t.co/78A5GInstW, Jun 25
- Participez au Programme de Recherche Collaborative 2016 du DigiWorld Institute ! https://t.co/OIz5tMHaSl https://t.co/rGIedI1Q1Y, Jun 24
- #DWF16 Retrouvez tous les contenus de l'édition 2016 https://t.co/tgiSdZmzkA https://t.co/YnCDzBmdA8, Jun 24
- RT @Radio_20: Les promesses de la #réalitévirtuelle ... pour les #médias selon @JeanDSeval @DigiWorldIDATE #VRboom https://t.co/jVaJIKtP8w, Jun 23
- RT @yonidayan_: Presentation of #vr #virtualreality market by Idate Consulting. "stuck by all the hype around vr#. #vrboom https://t.co/nI6fvVYJsh, Jun 23
- RT @EricScherer: & Seb. Perron (@YouTube) @JeanDSeval(@DigiWorldIDATE) @xfilliol (@RadiolineFrance) pr super panel #VR au @geste 2/2 https://t.co/9ccS0vv8jN, Jun 23
- How will #5G impact the everyday life of people? https://t.co/78A5GInstW https://t.co/5bRsSbSAAJ, Jun 23
- Productivité du #numérique : il est urgent de changer de thermomètre https://t.co/CQqpSXbfWR via @LUsineDigitale, Jun 23