CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- Telco consolidation in Europe
- Online music : Music more social than ever
- Content virtualisation: The first signs of market maturity
- Post-production in the cloud: a new strategy for technical industries?
- Next Gen Home Consoles: the Eighth and Final Generation?
- [BLOG] Telco consolidation in Europe: the need of restructuring in an industry facing financial difficulties: >> http://t.co/heeYmsoYWM, 9 hours ago
- Big bang des télécoms: free sera-t-il le grand gagnant ? François Barrault dans les décodeurs de l'éco @bfmbusiness http://t.co/cIL0HFMutr, 14 hours ago
- [ITW] Concentration des télécoms en France : Yves Gassot invité du 13h de France Inter (à 4:00)| @franceinter http://t.co/m43Mxwh7ls, Mar 10
- [ITW] Yves GASSOT, DG IDATE "Bouygues maximise ses chances de prise de contrôle de SFR" | @lexpansion http://t.co/u4il9ggTIP, Mar 10
- Fibre optique : plus 30% d'abonnés en Europe en 2013 | @zdnetfr http://t.co/Lw4LDyAI2t, Mar 8
- Le marché mondial du très haut débit devrait s’envoler de 95% en 5 ans | @frenchweb http://t.co/QFUUN6CHoa, Mar 8
- La fibre optique se porte bien dans l'Union Européenne - http://t.co/xnK8lQc6JC | @Ariase_com http://t.co/Lc0bFgBpwl, Mar 7
- Ultra-fast broadband revenues to double in five years » Digital TV Europe | @digitaltveurope http://t.co/0C6ht1r8Oz, Mar 7
- FTTH/B subscriber growth accelerates in Europe | @Telecompaper http://t.co/LTqnO9Q1YW, Mar 7
- [BLOG] #Content #Virtualisation - The first signs of market maturity: http://t.co/KGvfSmylyU, Mar 7