CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- Video On Demand: Europe’s main markets in the aftermath of Netflix world conquest
- World Telecom Services Market: Everyone wants to go mobile
- Telco’s Connected Objects Strategies : how to compete with OTT players
- Is this the beginning of the end of major M&A deals in Europe’s telecoms sector?
- Interview with Adam MINNS
- Actualité des RIP #2G : Impact sur les RIP #1G . https://t.co/EZ9qWzvCOP #télécoms #THD @thdacome https://t.co/hTgxpFvT0R, 12 hours ago
- L' #Asie, locomotive mondiale du #THD https://t.co/uiZp1S87qH #télécoms via @LaTribune https://t.co/7RskA7NAQT, 24 hours ago
- Towards a single #digital #audiovisual market? Interview with Adam MINNS https://t.co/TrQsoOriM3 https://t.co/KAMg7IQ2H9, May 23
- Quelles sont les problématiques de l’ #EconomieNumérique en 2016 ? RDV le 14juin à Paris https://t.co/ejGJPfNBo4 https://t.co/nX4tbJJ6Z3, May 23
- #SmartToys: From the onslaught of #gaming companies to the prospects for the #toy industry https://t.co/xvhM10auCS https://t.co/er7RWHl0Mr, May 22
- #SmartToys : de l’offensive des acteurs du #jeu aux perspectives pour l’industrie du #jouet https://t.co/RHmZlNM5Cv https://t.co/7bS9RbW5od, May 22
- #ConnectedTV : Accelerating #OTT #video development ? https://t.co/5HXehCSf7F https://t.co/J8NVrF5AG7, May 21
- #TV connectée : Un accélérateur du développement de la #vidéo #OTT ? https://t.co/6ydm4G5MBZ https://t.co/iS2mHhAMJL, May 21
- Le #DigiWorld Yearbook 2016 sera disponible dès le 14 juin ! commandez-le dès maintenant https://t.co/5Au545Z8k5 https://t.co/ScqnYzZiwe, May 20
- M-N.Jego-Laveissiere @orange donnera sa vision sur l'avenir d' #Internet le 14juin à Paris ! https://t.co/ejGJPg5cfC https://t.co/gxAJBoUEuG, May 20