CM/ Social Medias IDATE
Building a virtual community is similar to the construction of any other community, online or offline. They are built by users and are based on the experiences of individuals, thereby replicating the same physical characteristics of real-life communities.
From a general point of view, the strength of a community depends on the initial level of commitment from participants and the size of its membership. Maffesoli (1988) used the term "Neo- Tribes" to describe this kind of social behavior. In the case of social media, the formation of "Neo-Tribes" helps explain why people choose to come together to share a common passion or emotion, regardless of social class, age or sex.
These "Neo-Tribes" are sustained due to the constant development of its members as well as not being fixed entities with exclusive and inclusive pre-requisites. Virtual communities in social media are constantly changing yet adhere to rules typical of a sociological physical society; that’s-to-say, it has missions and specific roles. This is something which businesses have caught on to and are using what is called "tribal marketing" to reach these groups.
In my mind, there are 4 important points and behaviors that you must have in order to create and maintain theses "Neo-Tribes" or virtual communities, in the Web 2.0 :
- To favour acces to content: You need to simplify and bring members to your content.
- Moderation : A survey is unavoidable if you want to keep your reputation and protect your brand from "bad buzz".
- To organize content : Organization of your content into a hierarchy is important if you want to be efficient.
- To favour discussions and interactivity : It is one of the key factors of succes and the driving force of social medias.
- Digital Content
- DigiWorld Economic Journal
- Digiworld Summit
- Digiworld Yearbook
- Smart Living
- TV & Video
- Video Games
- Déploiement du Très Haut Débit par les collectivités territoriales
- Small cells and Wifi offloading
- The economics of platforms in the digital transformation: ARCEP views
- Digital First
- The economics of platforms in the digital transformation: What does Google think?
- #DWS15 What services will be attached to smart #devices ?Join B.BARLET on Nov19 http://t.co/A6EsiSmJQl http://t.co/e9fRT8bPh5, 16 hours ago
- #DWS15 Quels services autour des produits connectés ? RDV le 19Nov avec B.BARLET, LEGRAND http://t.co/A6EsiSmJQl http://t.co/zs8f3G3J68, 21 hours ago
- Le mariage #Dell #EMC dans les @Decodeurseco avec F.Barrault sur #bfmbusiness C'est maintenant ! http://t.co/pDR9cnIAQI, Oct 12
- Le mariage #Dell #EMC dans les @Decodeurseco avec F.Barrault dans 5min sur #bfmbusiness ! http://t.co/gXk7XJiD5X, Oct 12
- RT @FabriceLundy: Le mariage #Dell #EMC. Les @Decodeurseco 20h #bfmbusiness avec Fred @simottel @FlorenceBonnet @CILCONSULTING F.Barrault @DigiWorldIDATE, Oct 12
- Le mariage #Dell #EMC dans les @Decodeurseco avec F.Barrault à 20h sur #bfmbusiness http://t.co/oGhdODSLKi, Oct 12
- #DWS15 In with the new for a telco going global with M.COMBES, Altice http://t.co/wCqxb77lfr http://t.co/PLSr7AcR56, Oct 12
- RT @rcgarnold: First panel of the day with Christoph Pennings & Pastora Valero @DigiWorldIDATE @Cisco #wikdsm http://t.co/XX9CoRNcqA, Oct 12
- RT @rcgarnold: Now it's Christoph Penning's turn to speak about changes in the #ICT value chain @DigiWorldIDATE #wikdsm, Oct 12
- #DWS15 Dernier jour pour profiter de 200€ de remise sur votre inscription : http://t.co/NEspM2lhdA http://t.co/exHEjEuyUu, Oct 12